OnePlus on Thursday launched its first foldable phone OnePlus Open in India and global markets. Running on Qualcomm’s top-tier Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip, this phone is quite powerful. It features a larger 7.82-inch AMOLED screen on the inside and a smaller 6.31-inch screen on the outside, both capable of a fast refresh rate of 120Hz. The OnePlus Open has three Hasselblad-branded cameras on the back, including Sony’s advanced LYTIA-T808 “pixel stacked” CMOS sensor. It has dual front cameras for selfies and comes with a massive 4,800mAh battery that supports fast charging at 67W.
OnePlus Open Review
OnePlus Open Display
The outer display OnePlus Open features an FHD+ 7.82-inch 2K Flexi-fluid LTPO 3.0 AMOLED display with a 120Hz dynamic refresh rate and 240hz touch sampling rate. It also offers a 2,800 nits peak brightness. To protect the display, it includes a Ceramic Guard layered on the screen.
While the external display features a 6.31-inch display with a 2K LTPO 3.0 Super Fluid AMOLED display with a resolution of 1,116 x 2,484 pixels. This screen offers a 120Hz dynamic refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate. Furthermore, it has 2,800 nits peak brightness. It has a ceramic guard on the screen according to the company.
Both the screens support ProXDR, Dolby Vision, and 1440Hz high-frequency PWM dimming. Additionally, the display also inludesTÜV Rheinland Intelligent Eye Care certification. Notable, the display is certified to 1,000,000 or 1 million folds, says the company.
OnePlus Open Processor
The OnePlus Open, a foldable smartphone is powered by a 4nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor, combined with Adreno 740 GPU. It has 16GB of LPDDR5X RAM and offers 512GB of storage capacity using UFS 4.0 type storage. OnePlus Open is a foldable phone that runs on OxygenOS 13.2 based on Android 13 out-of-the-box. OnePlus has committed to providing 4 years of critical Android version updates and 5 years of security updates for this device.
OnePlus Open Camera
The OnePlus Open sports a Hasselblad-branded triple camera setup for both photos and videos. The primary camera has an impressive 48-megapixel resolution and is equipped with a 1/1.43-inch Sony LYT-T808 “pixel stacked” CMOS sensor. The camera offers optical image stabilization (OIS) and electronic image stabilization (EIS) with an 85-degree field-of-view and a wide f/1.7 aperture.
Apart from the primary camera, the OnePlus Open comes with a 64-megapixel telephoto camera with an OmniVision OV64B sensor. This telephoto camera offers OIS, EIS, 33.4-degree field-of-view, and f/2.6 aperture. It supports 3x optical zoom, 6x in-sensor zoom, and an impressive maximum digital zoom capability of up to 120x.
Additionally, the device includes a 48-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, which also serves as a macro camera. The camera is equipped with a Sony IMX581 sensor and has EIS, 114-degree field-of-view, and f/2.2 aperture.
The OnePlus Open sports a 20-megapixel primary camera on its inner display, with electronic image stabilization (EIS), a 91-degree field-of-view, and an f/2.2 aperture. Additionally, it is equipped with a 32-megapixel camera on the external screen that also offers EIS, 88.5-degree field of view, and f/2.4 aperture, which is ideal for capturing selfies and engaging in video chats.
OnePlus Open Battery
The foldable phone has a dual-cell battery with a total capacity of 4,800mAh, which consists of two cells, one 3,295mAh and the other 1,510mAh. The device is compatible with 67W SuperVOOC fast charging technology and comes with an 80W charger included in the package.
OnePlus Open Connectivity and Sensors
The handset offers a wide range of connectivity options, such as 5G (19 bands), 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 7, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS/ A-GPS, NFC, BeiDou, and support for GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and QZSS. Additionally, it has a USB Type-C port with USB 3.1 compatibility. In terms of sensors, it is equipped with an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, sensor core, e-compass, flick-detect sensor, and an ambient light sensor located below the screen.
- Oppo Find N3 Flip with MediaTek Dimensity 9200 SoC, 120Hz LTPO Display Launched in India, Price, Specifications
- YouTube Updates Platform with New Features for Users and Creators, Everything You Need to Know
OnePlus Open Price in India, Availability
OnePlus Open is priced at Rs. Rs 1,39,999 for the sole configuration, offering 16GB RAM and 512GB storage. It is available in two colours, Emerald Dusk and Voyager Black. You can buy it through OnePlus’ official website, Amazon.in, and various retail stores in India. Pre-orders begin 19th October, and open sales begin on October 27. Customers also have the opportunity to avail a trade-in bonus of Rs. An additional Rs 8,000 will be available on select devices. Rs.5,000 off through ICICI Bank and OneCard Instant Bank discount.
In the United States, the OnePlus Open is available for pre-order on 19th October at a price of $1,699, which is roughly equivalent to Rs. 1,41,300. The phone will be sold through OnePlus.com, Amazon, and Best Buy. In Europe, the OnePlus Open is priced at EUR 1,799, which is roughly equivalent to Rs. 1,58,100. Pre-orders begin today, and as the company said, the phone will be available for purchase via OnePlus.com on October 26.
OnePlus Open Specifications and Features
- 7.82″ (2440×2268 pixels) 2K AMOLED 1-120 Hz LTPO display with up to 2800 nits peak brightness, 1440 Hz PWM dimming, Ultra Thin Glass protection
- 6.31″ (2484×1116 pixels) FHD+ AMOLED 10-120 Hz LTPO display with up to 2800 nits peak brightness, 1440 Hz PWM dimming, Ceramic Guard protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 740 GPU
- 16GB LPDDR5X RAM, 512GB UFS 4.0 storage
- Android 13 with OxygenOS 13.2
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP (primary wide-angle) f/1.7 aperture, OIS, Sony LYT-T808, 48MP 114° ultra-wide with f/2.2 aperture, 3.5cm macro, Sony IMX581, 64MP telephoto camera with f/2.6 aperture, 3x optical, 6x in-sensor zoom, up to 120x digital zoom, OmniVision OV32C, Hasselblad camera features, up to 4K 60 fps video, Dolby Vision at 4K 30 fps
- 32MP 88.5° f/2.4 (Cover screen) / 20MP 91° f/2.2 (Main screen) front camera, up to 4K 30 fps video
- USB Type-C audio, Three stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted fingerprints scanner
- Splash proof (IPX4)
- Dimensions: 153.4×143.1(73.3mm folded)x5.8mm (battery side)/5.9mm (cover-screen side) for glass edition / 6.0mm (battery side) / 5.9mm (cover-screen side) leather edition when open, 11.7mm (Glass) / 11.9mm (Leather) when Closed; Weight: 245g (Glass) / 239g (Leather)
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5.1GHz + 5.8GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band), GLONASS, Galileo (E1+E5a Dual Band), Beidou, A-GPS, QZSS
- 4085mAh battery with 67W SuperVOOC fast charging