The Xiaomi 14 was officially launched in China on Thursday, The smartphone debuted with the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset and Xiaomi’s innovative HyperOS software which replaces MIUI and flaunts a Leica-tuned triple rear camera. Let’s take a brief overview of the Xiaomi 14 specs and prices in China.
Xiaomi 14 Review
Xiaomi 14 Display
The Xiaomi 14 features a 6.36-inch LTPO OLED display with a remarkable 12-bit color depth and a high resolution of 1.5K. The display offers a variable refresh rate from 1Hz to 120Hz, an aspect ratio of 20:9, an impressive 3000 nits peak brightness, and 460ppi pixel density. Furthermore, it is equipped with HDR10+ and Dolby Vision support, which enhances the overall visual quality. The display also includes a 1920Hz PWM dimming feature and offers support for DC dimming.
Xiaomi 14 Processor
Under the hood, the device is powered by a newly launched Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC, paired with up to 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM and a storage option of up to 1TB using UFS 4.0 technology. Furthermore, it comes with an Adreno 750 GPU for enhanced graphics performance and has a Circular cold pump cooling system Vapor-liquid separation design, one-way circulation structure, promising 3 times the performance of traditional VC. On the software front, the Xiaomi 14 runs HyperOS based on Android 14.
Xiaomi 14 Camera
The Xiaomi 14 features an optics system that is equipped with a Leica-branded triple rear camera module, complete with a Summilux lens. This camera configuration includes a 50-megapixel Hunter sensor with optical image stabilization (OIS) and an impressive f/1.6 aperture. Additionally, it has a 50-megapixel telephoto camera and a 50-megapixel ultra-wide-angle shooter. To click selfies and video chat, the phone is equipped with a 32-megapixel front camera.
Xiaomi 14 Battery
The Xiaomi 14 packs a 4,610mAh battery that supports 90W fast wired charging, 50W fast wireless charging, and 10W wireless reverse charging.
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 Benchmark Results, Beats iPhone 15 Pro Max in Multi-Core Test, Everything You Need to Know
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 Chipset Officially Announced with Generative AI Capabilities, Chipset is Ready to Power Upcoming Flagship Phones
Xiaomi 14 Connectivity and Sensors
Connectivity options on the Xiaomi 14 include 5G, Wi-Fi 7, USB 3.2 port, Bluetooth 5.4, GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, Beidou, NavIC, and a USB Type-C port. Sensors on board include an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, e-compass, proximity sensor, linear motor, IR blaster, flicker sensor, and colour sensor.
Xiaomi 14 Specifications, Features
- Display: 6.36-inch (2670 x 1200 pixels) 1.5K 12-bit OLED LTPO display, 1-120Hz variable refresh rate, up to 3000 nits peak brightness, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 1920Hz PWM Dimming, DC Dimming
- Performance: Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 (4nm) with Adreno 750 GPU
- Storage: 8GB / 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB / 512GB / 1TB UFS 4.0 storage
- Network: Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Software: HyperOS based on Android 14.
- Camera: 50MP rear camera with Light Fusion 900 sensor, f/1.6 aperture, Hyper OIS, LED flash, Leica Summilux lens, 50MP 115° Leica ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, Samsung JN1 sensor, 50MP 3.2X 10cm to Infinity Leica telephoto camera with f/2.0 aperture, OIS, Samsung JN1 sensor, 8K video recording
- Front Camera: 32MP OmniVision OV32B front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 4K 60 fps video recording
- Sensors: In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Connectivity: USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, 4-microphone array
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 7 802.11 be, Bluetooth 5.4, Beidou, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C 3.2 Gen 1, NFC
- Battery: 4610mAh (Typical) battery with 90W wired fast charging, 50W wireless charging, 10W wireless charging
- Dimensions: 152.8×71.5×8.20mm (glass) / 8.28mm (leather); Weight: 183g (glass) / 188g (leather)
- Dust and waterproof (IP68)
Xiaomi 14 Price, Availability
The Xiaomi 14 is available at different price points, with the 8GB + 256GB RAM and storage variant priced at CNY 3,999, which is roughly Rs. 50,000. The 12GB + 256GB model is priced at CNY 4,299, which is roughly equivalent to Rs. 48,000. If you are looking for more storage and memory, the 16GB + 512GB version is priced at CNY 4,599, which is approximately Rs. 52,000. For those looking for even higher specifications, the 16GB + 1TB configuration will cost around CNY 4,999, or around Rs. Available in. 56,000.
Both smartphones are available in Classic Black, Rock Blue, Snow Mountain Pink, and White colour options and are currently available for pre-order.