On Thursday, Humane unveiled the AI Pin, marking the debut of its first artificial intelligence-powered product. Founded by former Apple employee Imran Chaudhry, the company positions AI Pin as the inaugural relevant computer globally. This wearable device takes advantage of features powered by OpenAI’s GPT-4 and can be stuck to your shirt or blouse using magnets, similar to body-worn cameras. Along with support for voice calls and texting, the AI Pin also boasts capabilities like image capture and projection of an interactive user interface onto your palm, eliminating the need for a traditional touchscreen panel.
Humane AI Pin
Humane claims that AI Pin is designed to reduce dependency on smartphones, which have no built-in display. Instead, it uses a laser beam scanning projection system to cast its interactive laser ink display onto the user’s palm. Additionally, the device is equipped with a touchpad that supports gestures, facilitating quick initiation of various AI-powered functions, as stated by Humane.
AI tasks on the wearable device will be powered by OpenAI’s GPT-4 model, according to the company. These capabilities include AI-powered language translation, voice messaging, and the ability to quickly review meeting summaries. The wearable device is equipped with a 13-megapixel camera with a 120-degree field-of-view and an f/2.4 aperture for photos, while video capture support is expected in a future software update, according to the company’s website.
The AI Pin is powered by an unspecified octa-core 2.1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, which is designed to facilitate on-device AI operations. It has 4GB RAM and 32GB eMMC storage. The wearable offers various connectivity options, including 4G support, dual-band Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth 5.1, and GPS via eSIM. Additionally, it includes a range of sensors such as accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, and ambient light sensor.
According to Humane, the AI Pin is powered using an undisclosed lithium-ion battery and is compatible with a unique wireless charging system developed by the company. To ensure the privacy of individuals around the user wearing the AI PIN, Humane has integrated a Trust Light into the device. This LED indicator illuminates in green during image capture, pink during a phone call, and orange and white when the microphone and scanning functionality are active, respectively.
- The Dark Web: Exploring the Hidden Layers of the Internet
- Elon Musk Announces ‘Grok’ AI Chatbot for X Premium+ Subscribers to Rival With ChatGPT
Humane Ai Pin Specifications
- Touchpad: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus; Polished with Optical coatings
- Display: Laser Ink Display; 720p Resolution
- Magnet: Custom-designed magnetic array for wear
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon (2.1 GHz)
- Memory: 4GB RAM; 32GB eMMC
- Battery: Built-in rechargeable (lithium-ion battery)
- Charging: Wireless power charging method
- Ai Camera: 13MP (4208 x 3120 px); Ultra Wide 120° FOV, f/2.4 aperture, 5 Element lens with single glass element
- Trust Light; Light bar with 3 RGB LEDs
- Ultra-private Beacon; Single RGB LED
- Speaker: Built-in Speaker, ACC
- Audio calling: VoLTE, 3G
- Connectivity: Dual Antenna MIMO, eSIM, Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth v5.1 (SBC, AAC, LDAC, aptX HD)
- Supports Gestures (Taps and swipes)
- Operating system: Cosmos
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, and gyroscope, 3D Depth
- Sensor and Magnetometer + GPS
- Network: Humane Wireless Service, Connected by T-Mobile
- Others: Open AI Integration, Tidal Music support
- Weight: Ai Pin (34.2g); Battery Booster: (20.5g)
- Humane’s web app
Humane Ai Pin Price and Availability
The Humane AI Pin is priced at $699 or approximately Rs. The 58,200 is set to open for pre-order in the United States starting November 16, with expected availability in 2024. The device comes in three color options: Eclipse, Equinox, and Lunar.
Customers will have to pay a monthly subscription fee of $24 (approximately Rs 2,000) to access the network through T-Mobile in the United States. Humane has not yet disclosed information regarding pricing and availability in other markets.