According to Ookla’s report on internet performance testing and network diagnostics, iPhones, especially the latest models like the iPhone 15 Plus, are continuously outperforming their competitors in the field of 5G. This is especially notable in various countries, including India, where data shows that iPhones demonstrate better 5G average download speeds than flagship Samsung phones.
Ookla’s data for iPhones covers the time frame between September 22 and October 20, while the information for Samsung phones ranges from August 11 to October 20.
iPhone 15 Series Ookla’s 5G Ranking
- According to Ookla, three out of four iPhone 15 models in India showed significantly faster median 5G download speeds in comparison to their iPhone 14 counterparts.
- Speedtest Intelligence data collected from September 22nd to October 20th, 2023, revealed that the iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Plus exhibited enhanced speeds compared to their respective earlier models.
- The data shows that the iPhone 15 Plus recorded the top average download speed in the 5G realm, at an impressive 335.09Mbps.
- Following the release of the iPhone 15 Plus, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5, iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 14 Plus, both Samsung and Apple introduced several other phones in their respective lineups.
- The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 took the lead in average upload speeds for 5G with a score of 21.95 Mbps.
- WhatsApp Unlimited Google Drive Backup Option Discontinued for Android Users
- Apple Testing iPhone 16 Pro with Punch-hole Cutout Display, Check out the Details
In the United States, the iPhone 15 series has been ranked first in Ookla’s assessment of the fastest 5G phones. According to Ookla’s ranking, the iPhone 15 Pro Max is at the top position, with an average 5G downlink speed of 285.02Mbps and an average uplink speed of 18.26Mbps.
In the ranking, the iPhone 15 Plus and iPhone 15 Pro stood second and third with downlink speeds of 275.48Mbps and 268.99Mbps respectively. In fourth place is the iPhone 15, whose 5G downlink speed is 249.30Mbps.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 leads the way as the initial non-iOS device on the roster, claiming an average 5G downlink speed of 231.56Mbps. It’s worth noting that the top five phones on the list use the Snapdragon X70 5G modem chip.