Today, Meta announced advanced AI features for WhatsApp, Messenger, and Instagram. These exciting updates were revealed during the Meta Connect 2023 event. In addition to these advancements, Facebook’s parent company Meta is foraying into AI chatbots with the introduction of ‘Meta AI’. It’s an AI-powered assistant that will be available on Meta apps including.
Table of Contents
- Meta AI assistant is available on WhatsApp, Instagram, and Messenger.
- It’s available first in the US.
- The AI assistant can be used in one-on-one and group chats and has an image-generative tool as well.
AI assistant Features on WhatsApp, Messenger and Instagram
Meta’s AI assistant is designed to provide a human-like interaction experience. The AI assistant has been developed using a custom model from Llama 2, a generative text model, with Meta’s cutting-edge large language model (LLM) research. Additionally, it has collaborated with Microsoft’s Bing to access real-time information for text-based conversations.
Meta AI provides a tool to quickly create images from a text prompt. With the command “@MetaAI /imagine” following your text prompt, you can easily create and share photorealistic images within seconds in chat.
Meta AI is currently available in the United States for both one-on-one and group chats. No official announcement has been made regarding its availability globally. You can use this AI assistant on WhatsApp, Messenger, and Instagram.
Meta claims that its AI assistant will be a trusted resource for providing recommendations in moments of need, inducing laughter with jokes at the right moments, resolving disputes within group conversations, and answering questions or providing fresh knowledge. Is capable of functioning as.
Meta has expanded its AI portfolio by developing an additional 28 AIs. They have also collaborated with major actors and internet celebrities to create personalized AI units. Notable celebrities in these collaborations include Dwyane Wade, Kendall Jenner, MisterBeast, Naomi Osaka, and Snoop Dogg. Each of these people now has their own dedicated AI profile available on Instagram and Facebook. The meta intends to introduce more characters in the coming weeks. Currently, these AI characters are in beta testing and are available to users in the United States.
Meta has introduced AI stickers for WhatsApp, Messenger, Instagram, and Facebook Stories, allowing users to create personalized stickers for their chats and stories using text prompts. The feature resembles Snapchat’s AI-generated Bitmoji stickers. Over the next month, Meta’s AI stickers will gradually become available to a limited number of users who communicate in English.
Potential Benefits of Meta’s New AI Features
Meta’s new AI features have the potential to provide many benefits to users, including:
- Increased engagement: AI features can make Meta’s messaging and social media platforms more engaging and fun to use. For example, AI chatbots that adopt different personalities can provide users with a more personalized experience.
- Improved productivity: AI features can help users become more productive by automating tasks like translation, searching, and scheduling.
- Enhanced creativity: AI features can help users become more creative by providing new tools and capabilities. For example, AI-powered photo editing tools and AI-generated creative content can help users create unique and engaging content.
Potential Challenges of Meta’s New AI Features
While Meta’s new AI features have the potential to provide many benefits, there are also some potential challenges that the company will need to address. These include:
- Bias: AI models may be biased, causing Meta’s new AI features to be unfair or discriminatory.
- Privacy and Security: Meta will be required to take steps to protect the privacy and security of users when developing and deploying its new AI features.
- Misinformation: AI features can be used to spread misinformation, so Meta will need safeguards to prevent this.