Qualcomm unveiled the Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 3, the latest addition to its mid-range 7 series mobile platform lineup, serving as the successor to the Snapdragon 7 Gen 1. The architecture remains the same as Snapdragon’s 1+3+4 configuration. The 7+ Gen 2 was introduced earlier this year.
The Kryo CPU in this configuration consists of one primary core, an ARM Cortex-A715, running at 2.63 GHz, three performance cores also based on the Cortex-A715 architecture with a maximum speed of 2.4 GHz, and four using Cortex Efficiency is the core. A510 architecture with a top speed of 1.8 GHz.
The latest chip claims about a 15% increase in CPU performance compared to Snapdragon 7 Gen 1. However, in 7+ Gen 2, the previous 1 x 2.91GHz Cortex X2-based prime core has been replaced with a Cortex-A715.
The company claims that the new system-on-chip (SoC) offers more than a 50% increase in GPU performance compared to the Snapdragon 7 Gen 1. In contrast, the Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 GPU shows a two-fold improvement. Snapdragon 7 Gen 1. According to reports, the SoC includes an Adreno 720 GPU, which is a downgrade from the Adreno 725 found in the 7+ Gen 2.
The Qualcomm AI Engine claims a 60% improvement in AI performance per watt compared to the Snapdragon 7 Gen 1. Additionally, it has a 12-bit triple image signal processor (ISP) with the ability to support photo capture up to 200 megapixels.
The SoC includes the Snapdragon, giving users maximum flexibility. It also features the Qualcomm FastConnect 6700 mobile connectivity system, which enables Bluetooth 5.3 and introduces new triple-frequency location support within the Snapdragon 7 series. As claimed by the company, it enhances location accuracy for a better user experience even on devices with low-quality GNSS antennas.
- Apple Reportedly Developing Graphene-Based Thermal Solution for iPhone 16
- Oppo Unveils ColorOS 14 Globally with Enhanced Performance, Privacy, and Design, Check Rollout Schedule
Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 3 Features Highlights
- 1 x Kryo Prime CPUs (Cortex A715-based) at up to 2.63GHz, 3 x Kryo Performance CPUs (Cortex A715-based) at up to 2.4GHz, 4x Kryo Efficiency CPUs (Cortex A510-based) at up to 1.8GHz
- TSMC 4nm process technology
- Built-in Qualcomm Snapdragon X63 5G modem-RF system, 5G mmWave and sub-6 GHz
- 5G download speeds of up to 5Gpbs
- Qualcomm Adreno GPU, OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.0 FP, Vulkan 1.3
- Hardware-accelerated H.265 and VP9 decoder; HDR Playback Codec support for HDR10+, HDR10, HLG and Dolby Vision
- Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec, New Qualcomm Aqstic smart speaker amplifier, Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N), Playback: -108dB, Qualcomm Audio and Voice Communication Suite
- Up to 21 MP triple camera, Up to 32+21 MP dual camera, Up to 64 MP single camera with ZSL, Up to 200MP Photo Capture, Qualcomm Spectra Image Sensor Processor (Triple 12-bit ISPs)
- On-Device Display Support: 4K @ 60 Hz, WFHD+ @ 168 Hz, WQHD+ @ 120 Hz, Maximum External Display Support: up to 4K @ 60 Hz, 10-bit color depth, Rec. 2020 color gamut, HDR10 and HDR10+, Adaptive HDR10, Ultra HDR
- 4K HDR Video Capture + 64 MP Photo Capture, 10-bit HEIF: HEIC photo capture, HEVC video capture, Video Capture Formats: HDR10+, HDR10, HLG, 4K HDR Video Capture @ 60 FPS, Slow-mo video capture at 1080p 120 FPS
- Qualcomm Hexagon NPU: Fused AI Accelerator, Hexagon Tensor Accelerator, Hexagon Vector eXtensions, Hexagon Scalar Accelerator, Support for mix precision (INT4, INT8, and INT16), Qualcom Sensing Hub
- LPDDR5 3200MHz memory, LPDDR4x 2133 MHz
- Wi-Fi 6E, 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) Multi-gigabit, Integrated 802.11ax, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and 6GHz, Bluetooth 5.3, LE Audio, Dual Bluetooth antennas, Bluetooth audio: Snapdragon Sound Technology with support for Qualcomm aptX Voice, aptX Lossless, aptX Adaptive, and LE audio, NFC
- GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC capable, Triple Frequency GNSS (L1/L5/L2), Sensor-Assisted Positioning: Urban pedestrian navigation with sidewalk accuracy, Global freeway lane-level vehicle navigation
- USB-C 3.1 Gen 2, UFS 3.1
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 5 technology