On Tuesday, October 10, 2023, Motorola Edge 2023 launched in the United States. This new Edge phone features a curved pOLED display with a hole-punch cutout and an impressive 144Hz refresh rate. Under the hood, the Motorola Edge is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 7030 SoC, paired with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage. The phone has a dual rear camera setup, which has a 50-megapixel primary sensor. Notable highlights include an IP68 rating for water and dust resistance, as well as support for fast 68W charging.
Motorola Edge 2023 Review
Motorola Edge 2023 Design
What you get is a smartphone that has a beautiful design with a vegan leather back (silicone with a leather-like texture) and an aluminum mid-frame. The phone weighs just 168g. It is also IP68 rated for water and dust resistance.
Motorola Edge 2023 Display
The 2023 Motorola Edge features an FHD+ 6.6-inch pOLED curved display with a high refresh rate of 144Hz, 10-bit color support, and HDR10+ compatibility. This impressive panel also offers a fast 360Hz touch sampling rate and an excellent peak brightness of 1,200 nits. Furthermore, the display also has the DCI-P3 color space, ensuring vibrant and accurate colors.
Motorola Edge 2023 Processor
The smartphone is equipped with MediaTek Dimensity 7030 system-on-chip (SoC) paired with Mali-G610 MC3 GPU. It has 8GB LPDDR4X RAM and 256GB UFS 2.2 storage. It runs on Android 13 with Motorola’s My UX modifications on top.
Motorola Edge 2023 Camera
In terms of optics, the 2023 Motorola Edge features a dual rear camera arrangement, consisting of a 50-megapixel primary sensor with an f/1.4 aperture lens and optical image stabilisation (OIS). Additionally, it has a 13-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens. On the front, for selfies and video calls, the device is equipped with a 32-megapixel selfie camera.
Motorola Edge 2023 Battery
The 2023 Motorola Edge is equipped with a 4,400mAh battery with support for 68W TurboPower fast charging, 15W wireless charging, and 5W reverse wireless charging. This battery is rated to provide more than 30 hours of continuous playtime on a single charge.
- Read Also: Chinese companies Vivo and Transsion to launch the world’s first rollable display smartphone in 2024
- Samsung Developing 432MP Camera with 1-inch Sensor for Future Smartphones
Motorola Edge 2023 Connectivity
It offers various range of connectivity options including 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, and a USB Type-C port.
Motorola Edge 2023 Specifications and Features
- Display: 6.6-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) FHD+ pOLED display with 144 Hz refresh rate, up to 1,200 nits brightness, 360Hz touch sampling rate
- Performance: MediaTek Dimensity 7030 SoC
- Storage: 8GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128GB / 256GB UFS 2.2 storage
- OS: Android 13 with Motorola’s My UX
- Rear Camera: 50MP rear camera with f/1.4 aperture, 13MP Ultra-wide camera, 4K 30fps video recording
- Front Camera: 32MP front camera, 4K 30fps video recording
- Connectivity: USB Type-C audio, 5G, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth, LE, GPS, USB Type C 2.0, NFC
- Battery: 4,400mAh battery with 68W wired fast charging, 15W wireless charging, 5W reverse wireless charging
- Sensors: Proximity, Ambient light, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, SAR sensor, Magnetometer (compass), Barometer, On-screen fingerprint, Face unlock
- Sound: Dolby Atmos tuned stereo speaker
Motorola Edge 2023 Price, Availability
The Motorola Edge 2023 is available for purchase in the US at a retail price of $599, which is approximately equivalent to Rs. 49,000. This price is applicable to the special configuration with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage. The phone is offered in Eclipse Black color option and is currently available for sale through multiple platforms including motorola.com, Best Buy, and Amazon.